We are finally seeing the light at the end of the long and difficult tunnel that is the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, we can start to think about what a responsible vacation looks like. It means packing plenty of masks and hand sanitizer, but it also means finding activities that allow for social distancing. Luckily, there is an abundance of socially distanced activities in Ogunquit, Maine!
7 Best Socially-Distanced Activities in Ogunquit, Maine
The team at The Beachmere Inn on the Ocean has curated a list of socially distanced things to do in Ogunquit, Maine, just for you! Check them out below.
- Stroll along Marginal Way. One of the most scenic strolls you’ll take in southern Maine is the mile-long Marginal Way, which stretches from downtown Ogunquit’s Shore Road to the docks at Perkins Cove.
- Explore the Beach. Ogunquit has two long beautiful sand beaches including its namesake Ogunquit Beach, and Footbridge Beach. You can walk along them and enjoy the view, sunbathe, or even swim if you don’t mind the chilly ocean temperatures.
- Admire American Art. As far as indoor activities in Ogunquit, Maine, go, Ogunquit Museum of Art is at the top of the list. A small gallery with a fantastic oceanfront setting, the museum is dedicated to the exhibition and preservation of American art.
- Enjoy Classic Maine Seafood. Barnacle Billy’s is perfect for social distancing with its picturesque outdoor seating. Order a lobster boiled and buttered in its shell, in a stew, or as a lobster roll, you won’t regret it!
- Hit the Seas. See the shoreline from an entirely new perspective when you book an excursion with Finestkind Scenic Cruises. Sailing cruises carry two-six people, so you can make sure to only be around people in your group.
- Hike Mount Agamenticus. Featuring numerous trails that range from moderate to difficult, there is something for everyone at Mount Agamenticus. Enjoy a sweeping panorama of land and sea at the mountain top.
- Check Out ‘Maine Street.’ Shop Ogunquit’s unique boutiques along Main Street in the historic village center. Explore some fun shops like Sea Glass Jewelry Studio, Abacus, and Whistling Oyster.
Book Your Ogunquit, Maine, Lodging with Beachmere Today
Conveniently located on the Marginal Way, The Beachmere Inn on the Ocean provides guests the perfect accommodations to escape to after a long day of exploring Ogunquit. Tour our five different buildings to see which oceanfront or residential location is right for you! Your health, safety, and comfort are our number one priority at our Ogunquit resort, and we promise to do everything within our power to deliver an unforgettable experience. For more COVID-19-related news regarding travel and our Ogunquit lodgings, please see our Inn Updates page.